|GAAP's Medical Aesthetic Externship Program |
will equip you with the skills for an exciting career in the medical arena.
The GAAP Medical Esthetic Extern Program is broken down into (6) learning modules. The externship is 184 hours over an (11) week period. Each module is broken down into (8) clock hours of theory and (8) hours of hands on. During the last two weeks of the program Externs will perform services on GA Aesthetic Med Spa clientele. During the last (2) weeks of training, Externs will receive compensation according to Georgia's Law of Compensation.
Module I (24.0 hours) -- Nutrition and Esthetics- Adhering to good nutrition is the first step to having beautiful, healthy skin. While estheticians are not nutritionists; it is important for the esthetician to advise clients that the appearance and health of their skin begins with good eating habits. All bodily functions, including the building of tissues are directly related to nutrition. The foods we eat and the water we drink are the basic building blocks of life. It is beneficial for estheticians to have a good working knowledge of nutrition and how the ph of the skin and body is affected by the foods we consume.You will learn the following:
- Vitamin Deficiency
- Potential of Hydrogen
- Trace Minerals
- Nutrition and Esthetics
- Client Health Concerns
- Food Choices
- Water and the Skin
- Potential of Hydrogen
- Properties of Common Elements, Compounds and Physical Mixtures
- Chemical Reactions
- Solutions, Suspensions, and Emulsions
- Oil-in-Water (O/W) Emulsions
- Water-in-Oil (W/O) Emulsions
- Fitzpatrick Classification
- Glogau Classification
- Rubin's Classification
- Kligman's Classification Acne/Rosacea
- Robert's Classification for Ethnic Skincare
- Chinese Face Mapping
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Cell Renewal Factor
- Deep Peels vs. Light Peeling Agents
- Medical Grade Peel
- Peel Layering
- Peel s combined with Mechanical devices
- Acid, Alkaline and pH Relationships
- Advanced Microdermabrasion Techniques(Certificate Awarded through Bella)
- MicroCurrent Facial/Body (Certificate Awarded through Beautiful Image)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Pre and Postoperative care
- Skin Tag Removal
- Charting Documentation
- Intense Pulse Light
- Tattoo Removal
- Radio Frequency
- Hair Removal
- Non-Ablative Fraxel
- Light Therapy
Module VII (8.0 hours)-Professional Development- Medical aesthetics involves the integration of surgical procedures and esthetic treatments. In this setting, the physician concentrates on surgical work while the esthetician assists in aesthetic treatments. Career opportunities are available in many different settings and aestheticians perform a variety of services ranging from working with pre and post operative patients to managing a skin care department in a medical spa.You will learn the following:
- How to determine your self-worth
- Working within a medical setting
- Resume Writing
What You Should Know
- Applicants will be selected for the Externship on the basis of the quality of their resume and the connection between the applicant's goals and the outlined goals of the Externship Program.
- By participating in this program you will acquire hands-on clinical experience. Candidates need not show expertise in the field of the externship for which they apply but they must show interest and curiosity about the field as a possible career option.
- Eligibility-- you must hold a licensed from the State Board of Cosmetology and have a cumulative average of 3.5 or higher from your prior Institution.
- Next Steps-Interested applicants must submit a resume (please make sure to let us know your email address), official school transcripts reflecting your Aesthetic/Cosmetology grades as well as two completed Instructor Reference Forms. If applicant is a working professional, two professional references are required.
- How to apply-- Please submit a resume, two letters of recommendation from your instructors (or professional references) and your official transcripts reflecting all your Aesthetic/Cosmetology courses.
- Selection- Once your application is accepted, a member of the Extern staff will contact you to arrange a face to face interview. This process allows us to personally meet the prospective extern by generalizing questions that will help assess the candidate's qualifications and to evaluate whether they meet the admission requirements.
- Contact- Please send all Externship submissions to:email@example.com
The deadline for application is December 1, 2012. Please make sure all applications are complete. Incomplete applications will not be entertained. Only qualified applicants with complete application packages will be invited to interview.